In summers we all fight with that sticky oily face, which also results in pimples and acne. As most of us like summers but it is not easy to take care of your skin in hot summers. Oily skin looks very bad and also causes pimple and acne on the face. Here are some steps to get oil free skin.
Causes of excessive oil on the face:
- The sebaceous glands on your face produce oil and are more active around your nose because of the larger pores in this area. The oil produced, known as sebum, may become excessive due to lack of proper skin care, a diet high in fats and everyday stress.
- Stress and skin concerns go hand in hand because stress causes the hormone cortisol to be released, which causes a chain reaction in the skin and also result in oily skin. So try to be happy and stress-free!
- The enlarged pores on your skin can also result in oily skin.
- Using wrong skin care products can also cause oily skin and also pimples and acne.
It is very important to cleanse your skin properly. For that purpose, you can use any face wash and face cleanser of your choice. And if you want to go natural then you can use these natural methods for cleansing:
- Take 1 tsp of fuller’s earth(Multani Mitti) and mix it with some rose water(you can use normal water also) and make a thin paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck and gently massage in a circular motion. Leave this paste on your face for 5 mins and then wash your face with water.
- Take 1 tsp of besan, a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of curd and mix these ingredients in order to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck and leave for 10 mins. After that wash with lukewarm water.
(Note-these both will work as a cleanser as well as a scrub)
- Toning can help to dissolve excess oil from your skin, cleanse the skin and also shrink the appearance of pores on your face. you can various toners available in the market like and also use natural homemade toners.
- The natural toner which I use is the aloe vera and rose water toner.
- To make this toner take a medium sized leaf of natural aloe vera plant, cut it into pieces, and blend it in a mixer or juicer.
- Now add an equal quantity of rose water in it and mix them well. After that transfer the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Spray this toner on your face and neck after cleansing your face and massage gently and let it air dry and also when you feel excess oil on your face.
- After cleansing, you required to apply any oil free moisturizer of your choice to your face to properly moisturize your face. If you don’t want to use moisturizer available in the market then you can use aloe vera gel on your skin as a moisturizer. As it can be the best option in summers. Here I am providing the link of aloe vera gel that I use. You can also use that if you want.
- It is a necessary step as if you don’t provide moisture to your skin it will itself start to produce natural oils present in your skin which will cause oily skin and results in pimples and acne.
- The harmful UV rays produced by the sun damage your skin and also cause various skin diseases.
- So it is very important to apply a good sunscreen of minimum SPF 50 to protect your skin from the sun. It will also decrease the chances of tanning caused by the sun. The sunscreen which I used is lotus herbal sunscreen with SPF 50. This is best to get oil free skin.
- In summers you required to apply minimum makeup to your face.
- As excess makeup can become cakey in summers because of the oil produced by the skin and this also can make you look worse.
- If you want to apply makeup then always try to use waterproof makeup.
That’s all for a good summer skin care routine and also eats lots of seasonal fruits and drinks lots of water to keep your body hydrated in summers and to get oil-free skin.