Do you like summers? I think some of you say YES to this question and some will say NO. Well! I hate summers, and whenever summer comes I always feel like when it will go and then I eagerly wait for the winters. That oily face, heat rashes, and the most horrible is the sun tanning! Yes, this is the main reason behind my hate for summers. Whenever we go outside the home this indelible tanning comes with us always. Some of you think that applying sunscreen can provide you 100% protection from getting tanned. But trust me it’s not true at all. I agree that sunscreen protects you from the harmful UV rays of the sun but not completely. So it’s important to remove tanning after getting tan.
There are several other ways also to protect yourself from sun tan. You can also remove tanning with the help of ingredients present at your home. But for that, you should know what are those ingredients. So today I am gonna tell some tan removal remedies to remove that stubborn tan from the skin.
I know everyone loves those beach waves and pool parties in summers but by exposing yourself much to the sun, your skin can burn by the Ultra Violet rays of the sun and seems to appear one or two shade darker than it actually is. So don’t limit yourself to go in the sun but always take precautions before going in sunlight and also take care of your skin after getting tan.
What is sun tan?
Sun tanning is the process whereby skin color is darkened or tanned. It is most often a result of exposure to Ultraviolet radiation from sunlight or from artificial sources, such as tanning lamp found in indoor tanning beds. People who deliberately tan their skin by exposure to the sun engage in a passive recreational activity of sunbathing.
Cause of sun tan:
Sun has harmful Ultraviolet rays that can burn or tan our skin and make it look darker. You have something called melanin in your skin. It’s the chemical that gives your skin its color. People who have dark skin have more melanin. People who have light skin have less.
Here’s how melanin makes your skin burn or tan:
- Your body normally makes melanin to try to protect the deeper layers of your skin from damage.
- When your skin gets damaged by the sun’s rays, it makes even more melanin to try to protect your skin from being damaged even more. That causes the skin to change color.
- Dark-skinned people usually turn darker brown, or tan, when they go in the sunlight.
- Light-skinned people usually turn redder or burn, when they go in the sunlight.
Home remedies to remove tanning:
Yogurt and Tomato:
- Yogurt and tomato both help to reduce the suntan from your body.
- Take 1 tbsp of plain yogurt and 1 tbsp of tomato juice. You can increase the quantity, in the same ratio according to your needs.
- Mix them together in order to make a paste and apply that paste in the affected area with a suntan.
- Leave it for 30 minutes on your skin and then wash with water.
- Use this twice a week to get the desired result.
Fuller’s earth(Multani Mitti) tan removal pack:
- Take 1 tbsp of Fuller’s earth, a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of sandalwood powder, 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel and rose water to make a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a paste. And apply that paste on the affected area.
- Leave this on your skin for 15 minutes and let it dry.
- Now you need to scrub it on your skin and then wash with normal water.
- This tan removal pack can be used twice a week.
Potatoes and Lemon:
- Potatoes are used as a bleaching agent and also helps to reduce suntan.
- Take 2-3 potatoes, cut them into pieces and then blend them to make a paste.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice in it mix them together.
- Apply this paste on your suntan affected areas and leave it on your skin for 30 minutes and after that wash with cold water.
- You can use this remedy regularly to get the desired results.
Papaya and honey pack:
- Papaya has skin lightening properties and honey helps to provide moisturization to the skin. So these both ingredients can make a great combination to reduce suntan.
- Extract half cup pulp from mashed ripe papaya, and take 1 tbsp of raw honey.
- Mix both ingredients together to make a paste and apply this paste on the affected areas(skin should be properly clean).
- Leave this for around 30 minutes on your skin and then wash with water.
- You can use this pack regularly to get rid of tan.
Rice flour and gram flour pack:
- Take 1 tbsp of rice flour, 1 tbsp of gram flour(besan), 1 tbsp tomato juice and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a fine paste, then apply this paste on affected areas and leave for 15 minutes.
- Now wash it with the help of lukewarm water.
- You can use this pack regularly to reduce tanning.
Milk, turmeric, and gram flour pack:
- Take 1-2 tbsp of gram flour(besan), a pinch of turmeric powder, and some milk.
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your tanned areas and leave this for 15 minutes on your skin.
- After that wash it off by scrubbing properly.
- You can use this pack twice a week to get the desired results.
Aloe vera and Tomato to remove tanning:
- Take a tomato and cut it into two pieces, now pour some aloe vera gel on one of the pieces and start rubbing that tomato gently on your affected area for 10 minutes.
- After that leave it on your skin, again for 10 minutes.
- Now wash with normal water.
- Use this remedy regularly to reduce tanning from your skin.