Hello people! Have you ever seen some small pores on your face? Don’t you think they look so bad, when you click a closeup picture or when you see in them in the mirror! Well, they are nothing- but large open pores on your face which are also responsible for pimple and acne. So are you also searching for home remedies to lighten the appearance of these large pores on your face, then you are at the right place! But before telling the remedies I want to explain about these large open pores on your face.
What are open pores?
As our skin has several pores on it and all of these pores are open, allowing the skin to “breathe.” Each pore contains a hair follicle. Each pore also contains sebaceous (oil) glands that make an oil called sebum. The sebaceous glands are most abundant in the pores on your face, back, chest, and groin. Hormones play a role in stimulating these glands in order to produce more abundant quantities of sebum. That’s why the pores on your face, most specifically those on your nose, forehead, and cheeks, may appear larger than they do on other areas of your body.
They can appear on any type of skin whether oily, normal, or dry, which gives you dull appearance especially if they are clogged with dirt, dead skin, bacteria or oil. There are various open pores home remedies.
Causes of open pores:
There are various causes of open pores on face!
Makeup: Using excessive makeup doesn’t allow your skin to breathe and clogged the pores and also attracts dirt, harmful bacterias, and oil which maximize the visibility of pores.
Hygiene – If you do not wash your face regularly, you may have open pores.
Sun exposure – Sun exposure without protection causes damage to skin collagen and reduces elasticity.
Hormones- Hormonal changes can increase oil secretion and can result in open pores on the face.
Genetics– A top cause for enlarged pores is heredity.
Excessive sweating – Sweat attracts dirt and clogs pores.
Improper diet – Overeating fried food can increase sebum production.
Age – Over time skin cells lose collagen and elastin, which stretches your skin and leads to enlarged pores.
Excessive oil secretion – Excessive secretion from the sebaceous glands creates clogged pores.
To get an oil-free skin you can see my post, How to get oil free skin in summers.
Home remedies for pores on the face:
Cucumber and lemon juice-
- Take 5-6 slices of cucumber(frozen cucumber) and 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Blend them together to form a pulp.
- Apply this pulp on your face for 15 minutes and then rinse with normal water.
- Use this home remedy 2-3 times a week to see the desired results.
Gram flour mask-
- Take 1 tbsp of gram flour(besan), 1 tbsp of curd, a pinch of turmeric powder(Haldi), and 2-3 drops virgin olive oil.
- MIx all these ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face for 20-25 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Also, apply any moisturizer(or aloe vera gel) on your face after using this pack.
- Use 2-3 times a week for better results.
Fullers earth face pack-
- Take 2 tbsp of Fuller’s earth(Multani Mitti), 2-3 tbsp of rose water or milk.
- Mix them together and apply on your face properly until it gets dry.
- After that wash your face by normal water.
- Apply this pack twice a week to shrink large open pores on face.
Sugar scrub to treat open pores-
- Take 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tbsp of honey, and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Mix all these ingredients well to form a paste.
- Apply this scrub on your face and massage gently on circular motion.
- Wash the face with lukewarm water and use this scrub once a week.
Aloe vera gel for open pores on face-
- Take a leaf of aloe vera and cut a small piece from it. You can use the aloe vera gel available in the market also but I will recommend the pure aloe vera gel from the aloe vera plant.
- Now apply aloe vera gel on your open pores and massage gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Then let it stay on your face for 10 minutes.
- After that rinse it with water.
- Apply this on your face daily to get the desired results.
So these are some open pores solutions for you to treat the large open pores on your face. Try them and let me know if they are helpful in the comment section!